"Mom of Eight Kids in TN
Raises Perfect SAT Scorer
& Nearly-Perfect SAT Scorers
with Controversial Method of Education!"
Hi, I'm Joanne Calderwood, and yes, the above quote is absolutely true.
I am a former classroom-teacher-turned-mom who has discovered a FABULOUS approach to education that is the complete opposite of what passes for education in most classrooms in America today.
What's more, the system I stumbled upon by accident (and exhaustion) is simple, yet yields extraordinary results!
The American system of education is broken. That's certainly no newsflash.
As a former teacher, I can make these statements with certainty. Few would argue with the reality of a broken system. Few have ideas on how to better the current system.
I have chosen NOT to wait around for the system to be fixed.
I have also chosen to spend time with my children,
to be the primary influence in their lives in tandem with my husband.
My children's education is too important to be handed over to people within the confines of an institutional setting; people who cannot possibly guide my kids through the labyrinth of learning as well as I can because I'm the Mom.
If you are a parent, no one knows your child better than YOU do, and YES, you absolutely can use my system to raise extraordinary kids who are passionate about taking the reins of their own education.
I have found the secret to raising self-motivated learners who work with excellence & to a mastery level each and every day! This secret can be used by parents everywhere to educate their children in the comfort and security of their own homes.
No! It is not necessary to have a college degree to teach your children better than the school system can! Any parent can do it!
It is my delight to teach other parents how to teach their kids to teach themselves with excellence and motivation!
But my training program doesn't start with education; it starts with what I call self-mastery, followed by mastery, and finally moving into self-learning.
- School teachers strive to teach children self-mastery, although children learn self-mastery mostly by the example of those with whom they spend the most time. Usually parents have little control over their own child's behavior because of the fact that they are not the ones spending the most time with their own kids!
- Mastery learning--fully learning each lesson before moving on to the next one--is not possible for most children in a classroom setting. They are not given sufficient time to learn each lesson to an A-level because the teacher does not have the time to wait around for the "slow learners" to get an A in everything. They are left behind as the rest of the class moves ahead. (I've been there, and it's humiliating.)
- Self-learning is almost never an option in the classroom. Why not? Because the American system is built on a "classroom model" of education where the teacher has all of the power and control over what the student will learn, how he will learn it, and when he will learn it. This does not allow for trust and autonomy; self-learning does.
- Autonomy develops motivation, confidence, and a Yes-I-Can outlook that gives students an edge in education....and in everything they will do for the rest of their lives!
- Conversely, micromanagement kills motivation.
For parents who home educate:
- Burnout is a common malady for home-educating Moms who are micromanaging their children's education with little to no help from the kids themselves or from Dad. Micromanagement does what? KILLS motivation...both Mom's and students'.
- Often parents struggle with basic control-of-the-home issues which should be addressed when children are young. Many parents don't know how to set expectations for basic good behavior.
- By teaching self-mastery in the home while children are young, parents can build a solid foundation both relationally and educationally with their children.
- Once children have built solid self-mastery skills and are building reading skills, parents can begin to allow children to work a little independently, then more independently, and so on until the middle school years when the parents job becomes that of monitoring and coaching.
- High school years can be the most FABULOUS years of the parent-child relationship! My teens and young adults are fun to be around, and we function fully as a family while giving a lot of independence to our teens as they earn it
- What is the key to sound, positive, growth-filled teen years? This is a secret I reveal via my seminars and writings! Parents who get this secret, get their teens.
You'll be amazed to see what is possible when you take control of your children's education by giving as much control as possible to the children!*
Neither of my kids' parents is perfect.
Oh, no! That's for sure! I have learned things the hard way. However, that is the cool thing about a family: you can be yourself, be real, mess up, yet still be loved and accepted for who you are. That is the kind of family my husband and I have developed over the years with a lot of grace from God.
Family is one of the greatest blessings on earth! Education is also a blessing. Why not combine the two and create an incredible learning atmosphere in the home?
Why not set your children and yourself FREE from the hassles, the time wasting, and the outdated educational methodology known as American education and tap into your child's gifts and abilities yourself?
Be the one who gets to teach and train your child 24/7!
Create the kind of home life you wish to have!
Learn how to set expectations for self-mastery!
Once the self-mastery issues are tamed, the education part flows smoothly.
All families are different, and I don't profess to have the answer for anyone else's educational situation; I can only share my knowledge about how children learn and what motivates them to learn from my own hands-on research.
Parents who take that knowledge and apply it to their own unique family situation will notice changes in attitudes and behaviors almost immediately.
And their children's attitudes and behaviors will begin to change as well. *wink*
If you are seeking
a BETTER RELATIONSHIP with your children,
a BETTER EDUCATION for your children,
& a MORE HARMONIOUS HOME,
I can help by offering you:
- Encouragement & Instruction in Parenting & Education via Live Seminars!
- The Self-Propelled Advantage Family Bootcamp for you and your group!
*Self-learning is a process that develops gradually and depends entirely on each individual child's maturity level.
Interested in Booking Joanne Today
for Your Group or Event?
Joanne has delivered many talks, seminars
and workshops in the past 6 years on a wide range of topics. View the selection of available 2012 - 2013 topics here. If you have a special request for a seminar topic, let us know.
Read Joanne Calderwood's Biography.
from participants and conference organizers here.
Joanne's seminars are fast-paced, informative, entertaining,
and enjoyable. Joanne has a winsome personality and doesn't hesitate to be REAL. She presents the nitty-gritty and the sometimes ugly parts of parenting right alongside the positives and the delights of parenting. She gives her audiences strategies with a rare combination of humor, insight, and hard-hitting practical concepts that audience
members can apply immediately to their own family situation.
Interested In Booking
The Entire Calderwood Family?
The Calderwoods present a one-day or a one-and-a-half-day Self-Propelled Advantage Bootcamp. Each Bootcamp enables both parents and children to learn about the FREEDOM and FAMILY FUSION that result from utilizing a distinct parenting and educational system. It's also fun for the ENTIRE FAMILY! Learn more here.
For information on booking Joanne to speak
for your event or to schedule a Self-Propelled Advantage Bootcamp, contact us by phone at 931-434-5337
or by e-mailing email@example.com
brought to you by